About school entry
1. Those who have completed (or will complete) 12 years of education in schools outside Japan.
2. Those who have completed a secondary education curriculum outside Japan which qualifies them for college entrance.
3. Those who are acknowledged by this institute as having the equivalent of 1 and 2 above.
4. Those who are 18 years of age or over.
Our regular course begins twice a year (April and October), however there is an application period before each course so it is necessary to make enquiries and prepare application documents early.
If you are considering entering the regular course, you will need to prepare the necessary documents 6-7 months prior to the starting date of the course.
You need to submit by
Entrance in April: Around the end of September
Entrance in October: Around the end of March
*We check your application for admission on the first of every month and decide admission. If the term is full, we will close application so please let us check your application for admission as soon as possible.
Please see below.
1. Application form > First of all, please submit application form. Then we have interview.
2. 6 pieces of ID photographs (4cm × 3cm)
3. Photocopy of Passport (Photograph, visa and stamp page if you have been
4. Graduation Certificate (from the last school attended)
5. Graduation Certificate (photocopy of original and translated one into English or Japanese)
6. Evidence of Japanese Learning Experience
(should include length and &total hours of study):if you have
7. Certificate of Employment (financial supporter’s and yours)
8. Letter of Financial Support (financial supporter’s and yours)
9. bank balance
10. Sponsor’s certificate of yearly income and employment
11. Birth certificate or family registration certificate
*Screening is charged when you apply ￥30,000.
And this is not refund even any reason.
At the direction of the Ministry of Justice Immigration Bureau, Seigan Japanese Language School requires applicants to prepare the above documents in order to process their applications in an orderly manner. Application documents differ according to nationality, region and your background so please ensure you confirm with each campus which documents are necessary for your application.
We permit those to enter who are 18 years of age or over.
However, if it is over 5 years since you graduated from the last school, you need to submit a statement of reason.
At first please submit the Application for Admission and Financial support document.
We check your application for admission and Financial support document decide admission.
Who passed the examination need to submit some documents by the deadline.
After we check your documents, we submit them to the Immigration Bureau.
*The only date for submission to the Immigration Bureau is the date specified by the Immigration Bureau.
Please kindly read “when could I enter Seigan?”
Following submission of the official documents to the Immigration Bureau, it takes approximately two and a half months before the “Certificate of Eligibility” is issued.
After the “Certificate of Eligibility” has been issued, a visa can be applied for at a Japanese embassy or consulate in the home country. Results are usually announced one month prior to the intended school entrance period.
About school and day life
There are four hours of lessons per day.
Morning class: 9:00-12:30 (45 minutes lessons, 10 minutes break)
Afternoon class: 13:30-17:00 (45 minutes lessons, 10 minutes break)
*You can’t choose morning or afternoon.
The teacher will decide your class after the placement test.
There is no scholarship system in our school.
Our school’s tuition fee is cheaper than other Japanese language schools’ one.
We focus on learning Japanese language and culture.
Other subjects, students study by themselves.
We support students to make application forms.
More information: please contact us via e-mail.
We are able to introduce you to the dormitory and apartments as dormitories of Seigan Japanese Language School.
Please see here for further information.
*However, please contact the office on a case-by-case basis as the rooms may be fully booked.
If you have a student visa, then, after receiving “Permission to Engage in Activities Outside the Scope of the Visa”
from the Immigration Bureau, you will be eligible to work for up to twenty eight hours per week.
Total average cost: 100,000yen-150,000yen
Cost example: Rent (including energy costs): 40,000 yen-70,000 yen
Food: 20,000 yen-30,000 yen
Mobile phone: 5,000 yen
Transport: 10,000 yen
Other: 20,000 yen-30,000 yen